What personal information does the Integem Team collect about me from the Site?
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Site if that information is necessary to provide you with the service or if we are legally required to collect the information.
In order to share projects, share resources, create tutorials, or post comments, you need to make an account. During account creation, we ask you for a username, your name, and your email address (or your parent or guardian’s email address if you are under 16 years old). Note you can use your nickname to replace your real name. We ask that you select a username that does not disclose your real name or other information that could identify you. Other users can see your username, and name, but not your email address.
We collect any information that you provide to us when you submit Integem Holographic AR projects, download others’ Holographic AR projects, write comments, or post on our Site.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team, we may receive your name, email address, message subject, the contents of a message that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically From Your Use of the Site
How does the Integem Team use my personal information?
Internal and Service-Related Usage
We use Personal Information for internal and Site-related purposes, including to operate, provide, and maintain the Site.
Analytics and Improving the Site
We and our service providers use Personal Information that we collect on the Site, such as your location and your activities on the Site, to monitor and analyze usage of the Site and to improve and enhance the Site.
We may send emails to an email address you provide to us for customer-service or technical-support purposes, to send you information about topics or content that we think may interest you, or updates about the latest developments or features on the Site. We may also send a newsletter to the email address you provide to us if you subscribe to receive the newsletter.
We may de-identify and aggregate information collected through the Site for statistical analysis and other lawful purpose, including in research studies intended to improve our understanding of how people learn with Integem.
We may use your Personal Information to enforce our Terms of Service, to defend our legal rights, and to comply with our legal obligations and internal policies. We moderate all content posted to Integem, including unshared projects, comments, and forum posts.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we only process your Personal Information based on a valid legal ground, including when:
- You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example, to receive electronic marketing communications;
- We need your Personal Information to provide our services, including for account registration, to respond to your inquiries, or for customer support;
- We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information; or
- We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to personalize our services and provide you with tailored content, conduct business analytics, and otherwise improve the safety, security, and performance of our Site. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
How Does Integem Share my Personal Information?
We disclose information that we collect through the Site to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provisions, customer service, email delivery, and other services.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission. We may seek your permission in various ways. For example, we may present you with an “opt-in” prompt when you register to use the Site or access certain content.
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, such as school, school districts, and law enforcement, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Third Party Services
Your Rights and Choices
Updating Your Information
You can update your password, name, email address through the Account Settings page. You can also reset your password through the Account Reset page. You cannot change your username, but you can make a new account and manually copy your projects to the new account.
If you want to delete your account, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. You may also opt out from receiving email from us by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that, even after you opt out from receiving marketing communications from us, you may continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Site.
Your Data Protection Rights (EEA)
In certain jurisdictions, you have the right to request access and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, to update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, to restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, to have the information blocked, anonymized, or deleted, as appropriate, or to exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. Those rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. In addition to the above-mentioned rights, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority subject to applicable law.
Where required by law, we obtain your consent for the processing of certain Personal Information collected by cookies or similar technologies, or used to send you direct marketing communications, or when we carry out other processing activities for which consent may be required. If we rely on consent for the processing of your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, or submit a request to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us via email@example.com.
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not allow you to be identified when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrolment with our services, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
How does the Integem Team protect my personal information?
The Integem Team has in place administrative, physical, and technical procedures that are intended to protect the information we collect on the the Site against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Information in our possession. For example, we strictly limit access to the Integem servers and the data we store on them. However, as effective as these measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot completely guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
International Cross-Border Data Transfer
Integem is based in the United States. Personal Information that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, any of our affiliates, partners, or service providers which may be inside or outside the European Economic Area, including the United States. By submitting your personal data, you agree to such transfers.
What can I do to help protect privacy on the Site?
Please do not share personal contact information (such as your physical address, email address, or phone number) in projects, comments, profiles, tutorials, or forum posts. Please let us know if you see this kind of information by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is also important that you maintain the security and control of your account credentials, and not share your password with anyone.
Cupertino, CA 95014